Events on campus take many forms and could be anything from a small departmental conference to an vast athletic event. The one thing they all have in common is parking! Guests that are attending events here all need to park. Transit and Parking Services is eager to help you plan for your event. There are several options available and we encourage you to contact us early so we can help plan for your event parking to be uneventful. Parking permits for visitors are available online at: https://secure.oregonstate.edu/ocs/register.php?event=413
It is also important to contact OSU Conference Services when planning an event. Conference Services is the central organization for planning events on campus and all events should go through them. OSU Conference Services are experts at planning assist with campus wide notification for events. http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/node/108/
Large athletic events on campus are managed by the Athletic Department. http://www.osubeavers.com/
- Online at: https://secure.oregonstate.edu/ocs/register.php?event=413
- Adams Hall - located at the intersection of 15th street and Washington Way is the main office for Transit and Parking Services. The staff can provide parking information, parking permits, campus maps, directions and lots of helpful general campus information.
- Information Booth – located on the north side of Jefferson Street between 11th and 15th streets. The Information Booth is the main entry point to the east side of campus. The Information Booth offers visitor parking by the hour or all day along with a helpful approach to getting you parked and to your destination.
- Online – if you are planning ahead you can obtain a visitor day pass at: (insert aims web information)
- Pay and Display machines – There are several Pay and Display machines located throughout campus. Visitor parking can be purchased at the Pay and Display machines by the hour or for all day. A map of the pay and display locations can be found at:
- Special Events Booth – Located on the south end of Reser Stadium this location is open during selected large events.
- Meters – there are several areas around campus that are managed by single space coin operated parking meters. The metered area may be used by anyone as long as the meter is paid. The purpose of the meters is to encourage short term parking in areas that require high turnover. The hours of operation vary between locations but are posted at the lot entrance or on the meter.
- Loading zones – located near most campus buildings, load zones are meant for very short term parking for loading/unloading purposes. Time limits are generally posed on the zone. Un-posted zone should be considered to have a 10 minute limit.
If a visit to campus is in your future Transit and Parking Services encourages you to check for construction projects to be aware of traffic and parking changes. Construction information can be found at: http://oregonstate.edu/facilities/transit_pkg/index_pkg.html
A map of current projects can be found at: http://oregonstate.edu/facilities/campusdetours/pdfs/ConstructionMap.pdf
Construction of some form is always taking place on campus. Transit and Parking is prepared to arrange for contractors and other construction related activity. Parking permits are required for construction vehicles. Arrangements should be made through the project manager to accommodate construction needs.