- Emergencies: 911
- Non-Emergencies: 7-3010 or 541-737-3010
Serious Injury/Illness Check List
- Don't move the victim.
- Call 911.
- Provide first-aid, if properly trained.
- Meet the ambulance when it arrives.
- Don't move a seriously injured person unless it's a life-threatening situation for that person to stay where they are.
- Call 911 for Emergency Medical Services (EMS), give your name, location and telephone number. Provide as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness and whether or not the victim is conscious, etc.
- Return to the victim. Administer first aid, if properly trained, and keep the victim as calm and comfortable as possible.
- Remain with the victim until assistance arrives.
- If the injured person is an employee initiate the reporting procedures as directed by the department head and or supervisor.
- Protect yourself from potential bloodborne pathogens, human blood and other body fluids. If you think you have been exposed, contact the Department of Public Safety at 7-3010 or 541-737-3010 and you will be connected with the appropriate department for assistance.